Monday, March 22, 2010

status update

I've been a little busy lately and haven't had much time for a new post. I have the eclean re-write working good and have several unit tests for it, but to test it all would mean having 10 times the code just to run the tests on the real code. You will be able to try out the re-write in the gentookit-0.3.0_rc10 release coming out soon. For cleaning the packages directory it now relies on emaint from portage to fix the Packages index file. For now it runs it in a sub-process from eclean, but I hope to get some changes approved to emaint, so that eclean will be able to use it directly. It will then not disrupt the output from eclean like it will for now. Gentoolkit is now going to be python-3 capable and will require a minimum of python-2.6 to work correctly. Also, for those not following the gentoo-soc mail list, an idea for a network enabled eclean version was brought up that would be useful for central NFS servers serving the distfiles or packages directories. With that i have been able to deduce that it will not take much more work to add shared disfiles and/or packages ecleaning ability. So perhaps look for that feature in the near future, perhaps in gentoolkit-0.3.1.

It also looks like my knee injury is nearly healed up and I may be returning to work soon. A good thing about that is it might help to shed the 20+lbs of weight I put on since the injury.

I also need to code some additional modules for the new analyse utility I started, along with a major backend re-structuring for porthole. I've been also asked to clarify some of the analyse descriptions, abilities that I posted about earlier. So look for that this week. That's it for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment