Sunday, February 7, 2010

more ecleaning

I'ts been awhile since my last post. I've made good progress on the eclean modular re-write. The cleaning modules have been completed, but not tested yet. I have gotten about halfway coding the testing modules for it. I swear there is going to be 3 times more lines of code to test those functions that there are lines of code in the functions. This is due mostly to having to create a small fake distfiles and packages directories and a small fake portage dbapi to return the pre-programmed data back to the function/module being unit tested.

The output module should be complete aside from minor changes.

The search module has mostly been re-worked and the distfiles search function has now been turned into a class and split up into 13 smaller functions/methods. Along the way I discovered that there were several bugs in the code logic that could potentially clean installed sources that it should not have. I have that mostly fixed now, but intend to extend some of the options a little where I can. Along the way I have been optimizing the code to increase speed for the slow non-destructive distfiles search. I have managed to reduce the time taken by approximately 10-12% while at the same time doing a more thorough search.

I have also added a -v, --verbose option which will give more info about it's actions and findings. useful for debugging and knowledge about your system. It will also inform you of installed package versions that are no longer in any installed trees/overlays, while protecting them from deletion.

That's all for now, gotta go on some errands...

No comments:

Post a Comment