Sunday, January 15, 2012

Lazy blogger

Well, I've certainly been a lazy blogger...

Short story...

Porthole
and Cazou (student) were accepted as a GSOC 2011 project. Unfortunately, it failed by midterm :( Still, there was a decent start to the backend re-write and the code submitted was good, so provided I can get my butt in gear, I should be able to complete it. Once that is done, it will be easier to maintain porthole. Currently, it is in an in between state. I mean that in both the front-end and the back-end. I began making changes to the front end to be able to add a proper layman plug-in that can use the category & package view panes. But that code is not completed and needs more testing, debugging. Some of the other things need some updates as well to keep up with changes in portage's code and config files.

Layman
I've gotten the 2.0 api nearly completely debugged. I have just a few more small changes to make to release rc4 witch will be the last rc and should end up as the final 2.0.0 release. More about that later, I promise. Also I made a request to the infrastructure team and antarus stepped up and produced some great stats for the last half of 2011. The new http headers it is sending with the requests for an updated overlays list has resulted in a better than a 20:1 ratio of 304 errors (list not updated since last time) to sending a new updated list. :D more on that to come...

Other news
As of Nov. 19, 2011 I am now a gentoo staffer. I've also just recently completed the ebuild quiz, so will become a full dev once that is reviewed and accepted. So, once that is finalized I should have less excuses, more incentive to get some of these lingering task completed.

Gotta go for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment